Internet Gateway

Ronald,

> My company is planning a connection to the Internet.  We have a dozen users on
[...]
> What is our most cost-effective solution for a gateway machine, considering
> both
> time and money?  The provider suggested getting an integrator or a
> consultant.
> Some suggested Linux.  I spent a couple of hours trying to bring up Linux on
> partition of my Gateway Pentium 1 Gig Western Digital harddrive, but had to
> give up
> because I had too much real work to do.  We are a VAR and software developer,
> but
> we don't have expertise it this area.

I would agree that Linux is the most cost effective way to do this.
If you are looking for a consultant, this is the sort of thing that I
do.  Please take a look at my company's WWW pages for more information:
<http://www.worldmachine.com>.  I'd be more than happy to discuss this with
you over the phone (i.e., this weekend).  My home number is 617.492.1929.

Regards,
Eric Hansen

--
Eric J. Hansen .............................. http://www.worldmachine.com/eric