PGP software products

My company seems to have become the default ISP for a lot of law firms
wanting low-cost email.  Mostly they've pretty much ignored the legal
implications of email itself, but I'm now getting beat up by one of the
larger firms which wants us to help them ensure email confidentiality
through our internal site management policy.

I've assured them that email is *not* confidential and that their clients
should be told to submit routine confidential correspondence by other
means.

I'd like to tell them to use PGP.  But I'm not aware of any convenient
(for the average butter-fingered attorney or clerk), low-cost
PGP-enabled email packages for desktop environments (read: Windows
boxes hooked up to a Novell cc:Mail network, in 99% of cases).  Any
suggestions?  I could conceivably run some encryption software and a
public key server at our site on a Linux box, which would provide a
modicum of improved confidentiality vs. having to install new client
software everywhere.  Wondering if there's anyone here who has
actually been able to make real use of PGP, especially in the context
of helping novice users put it to work.

-rich