Installing Linux on large (1 gig) IDE drive

> I'd like to know how other Linux users make their large IDE drives
> co-exist with Windows and LInux.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Just partition your drives into multiple partitions.  For example,
have your Linux root, DOS and windows partitions below 1024, and then
have your Linux usr partitions (or whatever) higher in the drive.
Just because you can't boot above 1024 doesn't mean you can't use the
space above 1024...  You just cant use it for the boot block.

-derek