What to see and do at Linuxcon

At 06:08 PM 1/30/96 -0000, you wrote:

>Jerry Feldman DTN 381-2970 wrote in a message to Mike Bilow:
>
>> so since there's no megameeting this year should we go for a linuxcon in
>> boston?
>
> JFD3> There is going to be a Megameeting this year. Apparently it
> JFD3> will be done without vendors. Whoever figured this one out
> JFD3> surely has recto-cranial inversion. --
>
>Excuse me?  What happened to the Megameeting?  Did I miss something big?
I have been told a couple of different stories. There will be no megameeting
as we knew it. There will be a show this year. In the past, Megameeting was
combined with compufest. I believe that is still on. The Exectutive Director
wants to use an outside vendor to run the show. She feels that it takes too
much staff time. That is what Vince Gale used to yell about when Pam was
running it. And, that is true. But, it is kind of a sad state of affairs
when BCS user groups used to run larger shows strictly with volunteers. It
was the computer shows that built the BCS. But, things do change. I do agree
with Pam that it is better to get outside vendors to run the mechanics of
shows. They do this for a living. And, considering the BCS staff cannot even
run its own annual meeting. And, I really don't want to cast any stones at
the staff members. Each one of the staff members is very hard working and
are skilled in their own areas. There are some real improvements that have
been made at the BCS in the last year.
| Jerry                                                |
|  Gerald Feldman	<gaf at star.net>                 |
|  Boston Computer Solutions and Consulting            |
|  Member, Boston Computer Society Board of Directors. |