FWD: monitor modes

------- Forwarded Message

From: Tony Harris <harris at psyche.mit.edu>
Subject: monitor modes

I'm trying to find a current listing of video modes for various
monitors.

I have looked through the "Monitors" file at www.Xfree86.org and
couldn't find either of the two monitors available to me, an ADI 4V
and a Mag DX15F, both popular machines.

I have looked through current newsgroup postings.

I have spoken with ADI tech support and they refuse to release the
relevant timing information to me.  The information I did receive was
enought to enable me to calculate a mode by using the video.mds HowTo.
However, it was ignored by the X server.

 Right now, I appear to be running 640x480 even though I have a
Diamond Stealth 64 with 2Mb VRAM.

Could you give me a URL or the address/number of a person who could so
direct me?

Thanks,
	Tony Harris

------- End of Forwarded Message