Real word processing with Linux

>     Chuck> Last weekend my 15 year old son, who is a Linux user, was working on
>     Chuck> a school paper using MS-Word for Windows. He asked me if Linux had
>     Chuck> a real word processor. He told me that he thought vi wasn't a real wp. I
>     Chuck> told him that I would ask the Linux group about the
>     Chuck> availability *or lack thereof* of a word processor for Linux. So,
>     Chuck> is there a real word processor that will run in a Linux environment??
>     Chuck> If so, how can I get it?
>
>     Chuck> Thanks,   Chuck

Hey Chuck, I used to work down at webo. :)

Anyway, you might want to check out "doc" from the interviews package.
It is a real word processor, and saves things out into a very tex
like format.  But you don't need to know tex to use it.

Like most word processors though, it needs some CPU crunch power to run
quickly.

John Richardson
jrichard at zko.dec.com