Xvgr anyone?

Hi,

Does anybody out there use xvgr?  And has anyone gotten an ELF xvgr to
work?

I recently took the plunge and started the migration to ELF binaries.
I was probably a bit too ambitious, and changed the X Window binaries
to ELF too.  This broke some programs (of course), and I ended up
changing the Openwin/Xview binaries to ELF too.  Today, I suddenly
discovered that xvgr (version 2.10, which I had recompiled to ELF)
would die upon trying to enter *any* data.  The message I get is
something like this:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  101 (X_GetKeyboardMapping)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  847

I am not familiar with xview programming or X11 programming, so I am
sort of stuck.  I found the XGetKeyboardMapping function call under X,
but none of the .c or .h files in xvgr refer to it directly.  Could it
be that the xview library is broken?  Doing a

	strings /usr/openwin/lib/libxview.so.3.2.0

does show XGetKeyboardMapping.  But this doesn't help me any.

As far as I know (looking through various ftp archives), there doesn't
seem to be any precompiled ELF binaries or patches.  I would
be very greatful if somebody has any advice.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sidney Li
Polaroid Corp.
lih at polaroid.com