3rd BIG IDE drive in LINUX 1.2.11

In message <199512012245.RAA24554 at krakatoa.ccs.neu.edu>, Albert Cahalan writes:
>> I have just added a third IDE drive to my system.  OS/2 Warp Connect
>> sees and uses it just fine.  LINUX recognizes the drive hdc upon
>> bootup (the third drive is a 1.6GB Western Digital).  However,
>> LINUX "fdisk /dev/hdc" does not see it.
>
>Someone (here?) had trouble with incorrect /dev entries.
>Check it against the list included with the kernel, or
>get a new MAKEDEV and use it.

My entries (kernel 1.2.13) look like this:

vanzandt-pc:/usr/lib$ ls -l /dev/hd? /dev/hd?1
brw-r-----   1 root     disk       3,   0 Jul 17  1994 /dev/hda
brw-r-----   1 root     disk       3,   1 Jul 17  1994 /dev/hda1
brw-r-----   1 root     disk       3,  64 Jul 17  1994 /dev/hdb
brw-r-----   1 root     disk       3,  65 Jul 17  1994 /dev/hdb1