Real word processing with Linux

> if wyswyg is not a concern of yours.  you may want to consider latex.
> slackware has bundled latex in its distribution.  you can also find details
> about latex through http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/CTAN/latex/.

There's supposed to be an almost-WYSIWYG TeX front end (or is it LaTeX?)
that a lot of people swear by (as opposed to swearing at). It's called, I
think, LyX, and I'm almost certain you'll find some discussion of it (and
a pointer to it) in comp.os.linux.misc

SCO WordPerfect supposedly works, but would be expensive I think and
requires some setup.

This may be heresy, but I don't think MS-WORD under Windows is a bad
solution for a WYSIWYG word processor.....

				Peter

Peter Breton  pbreton at cs.umb.edu          PGP key by finger
Shave the whales!