two ethernet cards in a linux box

At 01:43 PM 10/23/95 EDT, linux-sig at bcs.org wrote:
<snip>

>You needed to make modifications because you have two of the same
>card, and the current ethernet drivers aren't made to probe for more
>than one card.  This might be considered a bug, by some. ;)

One way to do this is if you use LILO (boot manager). Add an 'append' statement to the boot section for Linux.

Example:

# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hda2
  label = Linux
  append = "ether=0,0,eth1"
  read-only

I found this info on somebody's home page. If somebody needs more details, I can get more info.

BTW, I just joined this list. I didn't realize the BCS had a Linux mailist. I'm an MVS sysprog who had never used Unix up until last December. Our company (APX Labs) was getting an Internet connection and I set up a Linux machine to act as our gateway, mail server, web site, etc. I had a ball doing it and learned a lot. Any problems I had were resolved either thru a usenet group or similar means (like this list!). I still consider myself a novice, but am always learning. Just got a new Pentium at work (still in the box - way too busy), and will be putting a Linux partition on it when I dig myself out.

Catch you guys later,

Dan Murphy                 murph at vmark.com
Vmark Software             74260.3322 at compuserve.com
Westboro, MA