dip connections

Hello all,

I'm trying (and actually succeeded) in getting a dip
connection to tiac over a 28.8 line. However, not all
things work. I can ping remote nodes successfully as well
as running nslookup. The problem is with ftp, telnet, and
the latest beta 2.01b of Netscape.

Both Telnet and FTP tells me that there is no route to the
host (I assume it means to the host that I'm trying to
connect to), so I assume the routing table isn't right.
Netscape tells me that there is no DNS server whenever I
try to open any URL. This might point to a problem in resolv.conf,
but nslookup runs fine.

Acutally, I don't think dip is the problem. I think the
problem lies is one or more of the 'rc' or .conf files.

Does anyone have some ideas about how I can get this to
work completely?

I'm running the slackware distribution of March 1995.
Rev 1.2.1 (I think).

Thanks for any help.

-Chuck Noyes