Autochanger/Backups on Unix

   From: Adrian Hall <adrian at hall.pn.com>

   >  a> Arcada Backup Exec	Doesnt do incrementals
   >
   > Are you sure about this?  I've found them to have an excellent product.

   Confirmation from Arcada Technical Support.  Quote: "The Unix Operating
   System does not have an Archive Bit, so you cannot clear the Archive bit,
   and hence, the Unix Agent does not handle Incremental or Differential
   backups."

Depends on the version of Unix.  BSD file systems generally have a
"last level of dump" flag which is used by the 'dump' and 'restore'
programs to provide both incremental and differential backups.
Unfortunately, the Linux file system doesn't support dump levels.

Dale

Dale Worley						worley at world.std.com
--
I'm a politician -- that means I'm a liar and a cheat.  And when I'm not
kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollypops. -- "The Hunt for Red October"