Lint for Linux?

   From: Jerry Feldman <gaf at bcs.org>

   One thing lint does that compilers do not is check interfaces
   accross modules as well as interfaces to library
   functions. Compilers only look at 1 compilation unit at a
   time. Lint has a second pass that combines the symbol tables of all
   the modules you give to it.

Really good Lints will also check for usages that are completely
valid, but likely to be due to a programmer error.

The best Lint that I ever used was "PC Lint" a/k/a "Generic Lint".  It
was amazingly good at pulling bugs out of code.

Dale

Dale Worley						worley at world.std.com
--
I regard religious experience as very risky, because it can destroy
your brain.  But if I had a backup copy--