bru

Robert Luoma writes about BRU:
>I have mixed feelings about the performance.
>I used the scripts "fullbru" and "incbru"
>and on incbru, I got a SIGSEGV error and the program
>crashed.  I did get a prompt reply from Enhanced Software Technologies
>(the bru-meisters), but the reply left me a bit uneasy,
>namely that the error arises from memory and kernel
>limitations of Linux when using full verbosity.

A segment violation certainly sounds like an error in the application
(stray pointer or array overrun), not in the kernel.  Since it works
sometimes, perhaps it is doing something permitted on some systems -
such as using the contents of a block immediately after it's been
freed.  I would not trust it.

                                 - Jim Van Zandt