which version of mt (was QIC ... 4mm SCSI dat)

   Subject: Re: QIC ... 4mm SCSI dat
   To: linux-sig at bcs.org
   Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 20:19:54 -0400 (EDT)

   I honestly do not know which version of "mt" that is on
   the system, though it seems to work OK, so I guess that
   it must the SCSI compatible version (anyone have a quick
   way of determining the version?).

This is the output from the mt for scsi tape, mt_st
# mt -help
mt: unknown command "-help"
usage: mt [ -f device ] command [ count ]
commands: weof, eof, wset, fsf, fsfm, bsf, bsfm, fsr, bsr,
          fss, bss, rew[ind], offl[ine], rewoffl, reten[sion],
          eof, seod, seek, tell, stat[us], erase, setblk,
          setdensity, drvbuffer, stoptions, stwrthreshold,
          densities

This is the output from the GNU mt.
# mt --help
Usage: mt [-V] [-f device] [--file=device] [--help] [--version] operation [count]
#

Hope this helps.