QIC tape drives

      From: Dan Demus <dan at Paragon.COM>

      Does anyone have any experience with 4mil/8mil SCSI dat on Linux?

   From: Dale Worley <worley at world.std.com>

   I'm using a Bus Toaster PCMCIA SCSI controller to drive an Exabyte 8mm
   drive, and everything works just like it's supposed to.  You do have
   to get card services working, and build the loadable drivers.

   (BTW, technically, an 8mm tape isn't a DAT tape.)

That`s interesting Dale.  Loadable drivers are awesome eh?  I`ve used
them for plip.

So the same 4mil media can be used in a audio dat tape player?  If so,
do any of the 4mil tape drives have audio capabilities?  Or has
everyone decided that storing digital audio on magnetic medium is
crummy because the media naturally degrades over time.

		Dan.