Watching bootup messages

   From: Jim Van Zandt <jrv at mbunix.mitre.org>

   Scott Ehrlich writes:
   >An undocumented (at least in the HOWTOs, but documented supposedly in
   >the code, and pointed out by Linus when we spoke at MIT) was the
   >ability to get special info via CNTL-Printscreen, ALT-Printscreen, and
   >Shift-Printscreen.   (At least I think it was the Printscreen key he
   >used).

   On my machine, with 1.2.9 kernel, alt-printscreen toggles between two
   VCs and neither cntl-printscreen nor shift-printscreen seem to do
   anything.

Well, what keystrokes activate these functions is controlled by the
keyboard mapping.  See loadkeys, dumpkeys, etc.

Dale

Dale Worley						worley at world.std.com
--
There is no sensation keener or more active than that of pain.  It is
merely a matter of jangling all our nerves with the most violent