Watching bootup messages

> [part about dynamic ethernet device scanning deleted]
> >
> > Something else that's useful, in case it hasn't been mentioned before
> > or anyone has missed it:
> >
> > SHIFT PAGE-UP and SHIFT PAGE-DOWN can be used to scroll back and forth
> > on those messages that have scrolled past the screen.
> >
> > Or is this something that works in just the distribution that I use?
> >
> > Tom
> >

> You can also view the important bootup and sometimes runtime messages via
> the 'dmesg' command.  This should be handy for those of us that have a
> rahter large complex boot process :^)
>
> -Jon

An undocumented (at least in the HOWTOs, but documented supposedly in the
code, and pointed out by Linus when we spoke at MIT) was the ability to
get special info via CNTL-Printscreen, ALT-Printscreen, and
Shift-Printscreen.   (At least I think it was the Printscreen key he used).

This worked fine on the Alpha demo'd at his talk, but only shows up in the
/var/adm/messages file on my 386.

Is there any way to get this info redirected to 'normal' output? (i.e.
/dev/console)?

Thanks.

Scott Ehrlich, E-mail: wy1z at neu.edu, Web: http://lynx.neu.edu:8000/~sehrlich
Boston ARC ftp archives: ftp oak.oakland.edu /pub/hamradio
Boston ARC Web page: http://www.acs.oakland.edu/barc.html
ARRL Web page: http://www.acs.oakland.edu/barc/arrl.html