distributions (was "Re: linux BBQ...")

I think this group would be a good place to form a collection of Linux
distribution reviews.  Like an online collection of peoples'
experiences and reviews of Linux distributions.  With catagories of
comments like:

How easy to install was it?
Would you recommend it to a novice?  To an expert?
List the Pros/Cons.
How would you rate it on the scale of Maserati to Volkswagan?

Like a consummer's report and a better business bureau rolled
together.  Lar's and Gerry's comments could be archived as supporting
input to the general set of recommendations that would result from the
sum of the reviews.

I think a novice can get hung out to dry so easily that I would hate
to have someone take the advice of these 2 reputable people and then
have a bad experience blaming the advice.

If BCS Linux group wants to come up with a list of points to review,
I'll be happy to put in my 2 cents on Yggdrasil, Debian, Linux
Universe, XDenu, Mini-Linux and Ed Carp's ecarp.zip on Sunsite.
These range from S_E_R_I_O_U_S to down-right fun!

The format can be a tight as an LSM like form or as loose as a list of
suggested topics to comment on.

What do the rest of you think?

  Constantine Rasmussen      508-750-7500 x7020     cdr at sme.siemens.com