distributions (was "Re: linux BBQ...")

The MicroCenter in Cambridge does indeed have a nice price on the InfoMagic
set, at $9.19 for the 4-cd set.  However, be advised that it isn't the
current release; it is the March 1995 distribution.  There should be a May
distribution out, and the July distribution should come along very soon.
(I also discovered that the Slackware installation for the Sony CDU31 CD
in this distribution is faulty, but you probably don't have that kind of
CD drive.)

If you want the current InfoMagic CD set, you can get info from
info at infomagic.com, or order it through 1-520-526-9565 (voice) or
1-520-526-9573 (fax).  Cost is $25 + shipping.

Installation from this set is cryptic enough that I don't recommend it for
UNIX novices.  Other good choices are Yggdrisil (excellent multimedia
tools) or Red Hat, or if you want a bells-and-whistle system you might
try Caldera.  (I understand there's a low-price beta package available
right now, but I haven't investigated this.)

-lar
 Lar Kaufman                lark at walden.com        508-371-1563
 189 Peter Spring Road      lark at conserve.org      508-287-0646 (home office)
 Concord, MA 01742  USA     lark at world.std.com     co-author, "Running Linux"