Let's get the word out

Rich Braun writes:
	  I was very pleased to see the turnout at last night's feature
	  presentation.  Filling up 500 seats at a meeting was far
	  beyond what I had envisioned for our group.

It was a great meeting!

	  With this recognition, finally one of my own hopes can be
	  accomplished:  to get vendors to pay attention to Microsoft
	  alternatives, and to see that investments in products and
	  personnel to support this market are worthwhile.

I'm wondering whether anybody else thinks this could work: Ask Lotus
to support WINE development.  They would get:

	  Some good PR

	  An environment for their products which is not controlled
	  by a competitor.

	  Insight into Windows internals.  In particular, insight into
	  the undocumented Windows calls which (I strongly suspect)
	  Microsoft uses in their programs, giving them an unfair
	  advantage over all the other vendors.  This might be...

	  Something to sue Microsoft for *besides* look-and-feel.

I don't know enough about either X or Windows to help with WINE,
and don't have any contacts at Lotus.

                         - Jim Van Zandt