Volunteers needed for Torvalds talk

> Linus Torvalds will be speaking at our group's meeting this month, on
> Wednesday, May 17, at MIT Bulding 26 Room 100.
>
> This will be the biggest meeting we've held yet; we're expecting several
> hundred people to turn out for this one. We need a bunch of volunteers
> to help out at the meeting; if you'd like to help, please let me know.
>
> We're holding our usual volunteer planning meeting this coming Wednesday,
> May 12, at Pioneer Global in Boston, at 7 PM. Pioneer is located at
> 811 Boylston Street, right across from the Prudential Center and to the
> right of a Kopy Kop.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix User Group / jabr at bcs.org
> The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
> Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744 / http://www.bcs.org

I'd love to help out.   I'm not a BCS member, but having placed Linux on
my desktop and laptop computers, I'm strongly reconsidering joining.
I was once a member, and may renew the interest.

Two other items-

1. Have you considered recruiting ham radio operators to help faciliate
logistics and directions?  I am a ham and a member of the Boston
Amateur Radio Club.  Maybe we can work together...???

2. May 12 is a Friday.  Is it Wed, May 10, or actually Friday, May 12?

I look forward to helping any way I can, and am REALLY looking forward to
the meeting!

Scott Ehrlich, Internetworking ASM, Eastern Mass.  E-mail: wy1z at neu.edu
Boston ARC ftp archives: ftp oak.oakland.edu /pub/hamradio
Boston ARC Web page: http://www.acs.oakland.edu/barc.html
ARRL Web page: http://www.acs.oakland.edu/barc/arrl.html