Volunteers?

>>    I was at the Linux group meeting last Wednesday and was wondering about
>> volunteering to help at the resource center.  I don't know how much help
>> I'll be, as I've only been on the 'net for a little over a year and I've
>> only been running Linux since December. I'm interested in learning, mostly.
>>
>>    I've got my box connected via a SLIP emulator, so I'm not totally in the
>> dark when it comes to connecting a system to the 'net.  I'd like as much
>> exposure to Linux/Unix/Networking as I can get.
>>
>>   Think I could help out in any way? heh.. or maybe just watch?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Shaun
>>
>> BTW, do famous computer-type-people always show up and yell at us for
>> talking about commercial software for Linux-based GNU systems? =)

We don't have much of a Linux presence at the Resource Center, just yet.
We've got a Sun 386i with 150 MB drive, a diskless Sun 3/50, and a
NeXT '030 cube with an 80 MB drive. Our Internet mail server runs Linux,
but that's not a general public-access system. Also, the Resource Center
manager, Paul Watts, is not convinved that there's significant interest
in Unix and Linux systems in the Resource Center. I guess not enough
people are asking for Linux.

Robert Luoma and I frequently work on things at the Resource Center,
on the BCS web server and on Linux/Unix meeting topics and presentations.
You're certainly welcome to drop in and see what we're up to, and
see if there's any volunteer activities you'd like to take on.

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix User Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744 / http://www.bcs.org