No subject

[x]
>	1.) When I boot one of the rc.? scripts runs a program
>	    /sbin/ldconfig which makes symbolic links between
>	    /lib/libfoozle.2.6.7.so and /lib/libfoozle.so for
>	    various bindings of "foozle".  This program apparently
>	    doesn't know about elf format binaries, and refuses to
>	    link to the new library.

>        2.) A more serious problem has to do with linking.  When I link
>            some programs I get this error message:
>	    It goes away when I add -static to the link line, so I
>	    suspect it is concerned with the shared libraries not being
>	    properly configured.  However, I don't know what the
>	    problem is.

Um, I have two ideas.  The first is that you have to compile the
kernel with support for elf binaries.  Maybe that's the missing link
that's giving you problems.

The second is that I know there are some big differences between gcc
2.5.x and 2.6.x.  I think there is some documentation  [maybe
tsx-11.mit.edu] about this somewhere.

Good Luck!

jsaylor</a>