Megameeting

From:	SMTP%"linux-sig at bcs.org" 24-FEB-1995 22:29:33.84
To:	linux-sig at bcslnx.bcs.org
CC:
Subj:	Re: Megameeting

 Jabr,

>>> I can donate a SUN 350 which we can boot from Linux as an X-terminal.
>>> This, I think, would make for an interesting demo senario.  I have not
>>> yet done this, but there is a Linux FAQ which describes how to do this.
>>> I would be interested in getting together with you or someone else
>>> [Perhaps at the Waltham site] to set this up.  I would need a Networkable
>>> Linux system there that is going to be at the MegaMeeting, on which I
>>> can install the software.
>>>
>>> If you are interested, let me know.  I am planning on Vacation from
>>> March 6-31, so I will not be around for the next SIG meeting.  I am,
>>> however, willing to leave the equipment @ Waltham ASAP.
>>>
>>>		Dan
>>>		dan at palette.com

>I'm definitely interested. BTW, what kind of footprint will this thing
>need? Robert Luoma and I were modelling the boot[h] space we're expecting,
>and we'd like to figure out the optimal arrangement so we have a viable
>plan of action.

The SUN350 Footprint is 33" by 24", front and side [Including keyboard].

>I guess you could bring it by the Waltham office any time. I'll be here
>on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, probably late into the evening.
>I'll let Paul Watts know you're bringing it.

Sorry about not getting the system there yet.  Work on Tuesday was a wash
due to the ice.  I did some at home hacking.  Started looking at the
XKernel problem.

I got Xkernel working with my 386 box!! [XDM and all] I can drop the SUN350 off
Friday or Saturday, so that you too can get the RUSH!  If you can`t get
it to work with your box, we can set it up with my 386 as a Fallback.
It`s footprint is 10" by 18", front and side.  If we go this route,
I don`t plan on bringing a monitor for the 386.

The XKernal distribution can be found on
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/Network/boot.net/Linux-Xkernel-2.oa.tar.gz

Also, since the MegaMeeting is April 1, that cut`s it close for exercising
the fallback.  I will just be getting to town from Vacation.  [Eta on
a Bike is difficult to ascertain].

		Dan.

"Long live tftp, down with reliability [heh heh]"