modem tax

> 	I thought I would pass this on!!!
> 	Please clip and forward!
> 	Protect your networking rights!

This is one of those chain-letter pieces of net.folklore dating back
about five or six years.  There is no modem tax under consideration;
note the lack of true specifics in this message.  You may safely
ignore it and hopefully let people know not to pass stuff like this
around.

Thanks for your concerns, Dan.  There are more than a few legislative
issues we need to worry about in the telecomm business, like preventing
the Internet from being dominated by a few powerful companies and preventing
abuse of information about individuals being passed around by such entities
as health insurance companies, but a modem tax is not on the agenda.

-rich
Pioneer Global Telecommunications
Boston, MA