WWW talk

>>>We start the WWW presentation with an overview of what WWW is, along
>>>with a little of its history, mentioning CERN and NCSA...
>
> I'd like to suggest skipping the overview and history (especially the
> history)and just get to the guts of installing & configuring httpd under
> Linux--I think that's the thing people will want--if they want a basic Web
> tour and demo, they can go to lots of talks aimed at new Internet users.

Eileen Kramer (ekramer at zis.ziff.com) writes:

I don't feel it would hurt to say a few words about where WWW came from
originally and what some of the original goals were for developing it,
in the spirit of giving credit where it's due and indicating some of what
the original designers intended, how it's been extended since its birth,
and indicating some of the possible directions for the future.  I can't
imagine that including this stuff needs to take more than a few minutes.

Gary
    Gary S. Trujillo                            gst at gnosys.svle.ma.us
Somerville, Massachusetts                {wjh12,bu.edu,spdcc,cdp}!gnosys!gst