December volunteer meeting

The December meeting of the BCS Linux & Unix Group features Dan Demus,
on starting and configuring XFree86 on a Linux system. The meeting is
scheduled for Wednesday, December 21, 1994 at 7:00 PM, at M.I.T.
Building 66, Room 154.

We're having a Volunteer meeting a week before, on Wednesday, December 14,
at 7:00 PM. Everyone who's interested is invited to attend. The volunteer
meeting will be held at the offices of Pioneer Global Telecommunications
in Boston, across the street from the Prudential Center shopping complex.
The address is 811 Boylston Street; the entrance is right next to a copy
shop.

In addition to planning the agenda for the December meeting, we'll spend
some time discussing what we'd like to do at future meetings and at the BCS
MegaMeeting in April.

The more people get involved with the group, of course, the more we'll be
able to accomplish. We'll be identifying and defining tasks that need
volunteers. One example that came up earlier this evening: we'd like to
publicize the meetings more widely. Currently we rely almost solely on the
BCS Calendar and the mailing list; it would be great if someone who's at
M.I.T. could post flyers a day in advance, to help publicize the meeting a
little better.

I hope to see you at the December 14 meeting!

John Abreau / Director, BCS Linux & Unix Group / jabr at bcs.org
The Boston Computer Society / 101 First Avenue, Suite 2 / Waltham, MA 02154
Voice +1 617 290 5700 / Fax +1 617 290 5744